Initiation and Redemption

Hey, so do you remember when I turned this $4 thrift store find:





into this lovely jewelry box that I lovingly gave to my sweet daughter for Christmas (out of love, because I love her):



Well! I got my first disapproving comment ever on my blog because of it. And, I have to say, I'm not even offended. I feel kind of honored. Like I've been initiated into the blogging world. Some of my favorite bloggers get awful comments all the time, so I think this means I'm In! 


Marja wrote:


"this is terrible - such a beautiful wooden piece of the past... you should have taken it to the antique restorateur instead of destroying its own beauty. Greetz from The Netherlands!"


Whoo Hoo! She's soooo jealous of me. 


There are lots of things I want to say to Marja.

Things like: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  

And: "I'll be at the Thrift Store tomorrow at noon if you want to try to stop me from buying something else. Because I might buy some ugly piece of antique-y ugly ugliness just so that I can paint it and put it out of its ugly misery." 

And also: "Hey! I think I just saw you on Hoarders!"

But it all basically comes down to: "Suck it." 



ANYWAY! Guess what! Not even 4 days later....

REDEMPTION! 

Remember my $13 Paper Wall:


Well! Coolest compliment ever! If I can *sniff* just change one person's life *sniff* for the better *sniff* it's all worth it!

DC Baby wrote:

"I LOVE this idea so much that I stole it for my baby's nursery: 


I have gotten so many compliments on it!!"

It looks great! I especially love how Jennifer spaced out the paper. That takes so much patience and super precise measuring. And the colors are beautiful!

Thank you soooo much Jennifer! You totally made my day!!!! It's gorgeous!