Easter Love! with Social Moms!


Hey All!

Today I was asked this question: What is your favorite thing about Easter? And when I think back about my experiences with celebrating Easter with my family when I was a kid, only happy thoughts come to mind.  I have always love Easter. I'm so happy I now have a family of my own to share my love of Easter with. It's always such a fun day to spend with your family. When I was a kid my favorite thing about Easter was the Easter baskets and egg hunts! I can't tell you how much I loved Easter baskets. I still love them too this day. I love now giving them to my family. I fill them with all kinds of treats and even video games.


YES I DO look forward to this time of year because I can get Marshmallow Peeps anywhere you go.  I LOVE PEEPS. I use them for my teens hot cocoa and to decorate with when I'm baking. I love that they make a variety for various holidays. But my favorites are the pink bunnies. Sometimes I put them as treats in the Easter egg hunt.


But I do look forward to sharing it all with my family. My teen loves Easter baskets just as much as I do, even though he won't admit it. And my non hubby LOVES ABOVE LOVES Cadbury Eggs.


He can eat a hundred if you let him. I usually wait until after Easter sales and stock up on these treats because you can't get them any other time of year. I also love holding an egg hunt for the kids in our neighborhood.


The Easter Bunny loves to hide Easter eggs around the neighborhood for all the kiddies to find.  He's pretty clever as to where he hides the eggs too if I don't say so myself. The parents aka the easter bunny of the neighbor are pretty clever.  You never know where you'll find some fun eggs in our neighborhood!


I also love to spend the day decorating the eggs the day before Easter for the egg hunt. I also love to do various Easter crafts as well like this paper Easter bunny. I decorate for Easter and I like to make the decorations for our home.


This year I'm looking forward to the movie Hop! It's about the Easter bunny and it looks adorable. My family and I can't wait to see it!

Here is a little about the movie:
 
"Blending state of the art animation with live action, Hop is a comedy about E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand), the teenage son of the Easter Bunny. On the eve of taking over the family business, E.B. leaves for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream of becoming a drummer.  Once there, he encounters Fred (James Marsden of the X-Men series, Enchanted), recently fired and determined to pull his life together.  Feigning injury, E.B. persuades Fred to take him in, and Fred finds himself living with the world’s worst houseguest.   Back on Easter Island, the Easter Bunny’s second in command, an oversized chick named Carlos, seizes E.B.’s disappearance as an opportunity to plot a coup.  Ultimately, Fred and E.B. are Easter’s only hope and they find themselves returning to Easter Island, locked in an epic battle to save the beloved holiday.  The film is helmed by Tim Hill, director of the blockbuster Alvin and the Chipmunks and produced by Chris Meledandri’s Illumination Entertainment (Despicable Me)."

Hop on over to these sites to learn more about Hop.

More info: www.iwantcandy.com

Universal Pictures on Facebook 

Follow @UniversalPics on Twitter

Thanks so much for allowing me to share my love of Easter with you. I hope you have a very fun Easter with your family. I know I will!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hop blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”