The Fearless Baker! Book Review! Great Book!

Hey All!

Have you always wanted to learn to bake from scratch? Well do I have the book for you! THE FEARLESS BAKER, written by renowned pastry chef Emily Luchetti offers 175 easy-to-follow recipes along with straightforward advice specifically geared toward beginners.

Luchetti and co-author Lisa Weiss arranged kitchen sessions with a group of novice bakers aka ordinary folks like you and me who enjoy baking but have always felt nervous about baking from scratch. To write this book they learned what questions often arise for the beginner and came up with this amazing book to turn who ever reads it into fearless bakers.

This books gives some of the best tips and advice I've ever read in a cook book! The book is easy to understand and has some great baking tips and some amazing recipes. And I love that she reminds the reader to always read the recipe completely before you start. I know I need that kind of reminder as I am always guilty of skipping a head in a recipe. The Fearless Baker is full of great recipes. The recipes I tried turned out amazing and I'm sure I'll love all the rest when I try the rest of the 175. Hopefully I can get to try them all. 

Emily Luchetti has developed a nationwide following for her innovative yet approachable dessert creations. She is executive pastry chef at Farallon and Waterbar in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has authored five successful cookbooks, and contributed to The New Joy of Cooking and The Farallon Cookbook. She won a 2004 James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef.

Lisa Weiss is a food writer and stylist whose work has appeared in such publications as Cook's Illustrated and Cooking Light. She has co-authored six cookbooks, including The Farallon Cookbook, the James Beard Award-nominated The Seventh Daughter: My Culinary Journey from Beijing to San Francisco with Cecilia Chiang, and the bestselling Complete Meat Cookbook with Bruce Aidells.

***Disclosure: I was not compensated or paid in any way for this post. I received a review copy of this book and I am sharing this for the benefit of my readers. All opinions are my own.***