I can't Wait to Say Goodbye to NYC! I MISS CALIFORNIA!



Hey All!

So my family and I came to NYC to visit my parents for Christmas and it was amazing to see my family and to see the Tree at Rockefeller Center and All the windows at Macy's and fifth avenue. My family and I were having a great time here until the Blizzard hit.

At first it was fun to see the snow, since it's been so long since we've seen snow and we had fun playing in the snow. We had no idea New York was expecting a Blizzard since we were so busy trying to get ready for the trip and getting a Nanny for the dog and it's the one thing I forgot to check, THE WEATHER! And my parents didn't bother to tell us until we got here.  Which was perfect!

I grew up in NYC and I figured the City has always taken care of the snow perfectly and we will get out on our flight on Monday just fine since the storm will be well over by then. Well I WAS WRONG!


Folks just so you know we got here December 22nd and it is now December 29th and WE ARE STILL TRAPPED IN NYC and it's no longer fun. We are trapped by the snow with NO ONE PLOWING THE STREET, ABANDONED CARS BLOCKING THE STREETS, AND PLOWS TAKING ONE LOOK AT MY PARENTS BLOCK AND JUST TURNING AROUND.



It's unacceptable! My parents are apparently unlucky since they live in QUEENS, NOT MANHATTAN. It seems like the city only cares about whether MANHATTAN AND THE TOURISTS CAN GET AROUND THAN THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THIS CITY. THAT'S NOT EVEN THE START OF IT!


This is my parents block IN THE PICTURE BELOW. We haven't had any snow since MONDAY and NOT ONE PLOW OR CITY WORKER HAS BOTHERED TO PLOW MY PARENTS STREET or EVEN CHECK TO SEE IF ANYONE IS ALIVE IN THIS SECTION OF QUEENS.


As you can see that GREEN Mini Van to the right of the Picture was abandoned in the middle of the street since the oh so smart person went out driving in the blizzard and got stuck there and STILL HAS YET TO COME BACK TO TRY TO GET HIS CAR OUT 3 DAYS LATER!

And We tried to dig our way out but my dad seriously almost had a heart attack! And god forbid you have an emergency NOT ONE AMBULANCE CAN GET TO YOU SINCE THERE IS 3 FEET OF SNOW OR MORE ON THE STREET! I kid you not as you can see the snow in the street BETWEEN the two cars reaches almost to the top of the cars. So there is NO WAY you can dig your way out!


I can't wait to get back to California! CAN'T WAIT! It's not paradise, but compared to here but at least it's safe and PEOPLE HERE ARE ANGRY AND BECOMING SUPER MEAN!!! And I don't blame them since I find myself becoming SUPER ANGRY AS WELL, hence why I took to my blog to VENT! But I'd like to get US out of before the riots start! Since it seems like that's where it's going since people can't get to food! People are seriously dying in their homes and I want to take my parents with me out of this city!

BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY! I digress...

We COULDN'T GET A FLIGHT OUT SINCE IT WAS CANCELED BY JETBLUE THE DAY WE WERE TO FLY OUT!

And let me take a MOMENT to RANT about JET BLUE! I WILL NEVER FLY JETBLUE AGAIN! Flying here was NOT FUN since we flew JETBLUE because it had the cheapest prices for round trip tickets to NYC for us.


I have to say you truly do get what you pay for with Jet Blue! And when I say GET I mean you GET nothing but BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, DIRTY PLANES, and Stranded in NYC!

First off...we got on the plane and it was dirty! They didn't really bother to clean it. There was URINE on the bathroom floor and it smelled that way, there was ONE ROLL OF TOILET PAPER IN ONE OF THE BACK BATHROOMS, WITH NO OTHER TOILET PAPER TO BE FOUND IN THE STALL FOR A 5 HOUR FLIGHT WITH A PLANE PACKED WITH LIKE 300 PEOPLE. SO you were lucky if you got the bathroom with toilet paper.

YES FOLKS ONE ROLL!  THEY CHARGE $7 FOR A PILLOW NOW AND BLANKET NOW. And when it came down to getting something to eat, they tell you to pick from a menu ONLY TO TELL YOU we only have 2 things left on the MENU since they ran out of everything else AND NO one bothered to REFILL the plane before it took off! Thankfully we got to NYC Safely at least which is the most important thing!

But trying to get out of here is another story! I had to be at work Tuesday, And we were supposed to fly out MONDAY, we were packed and ready to go to the airport some how, but THE FLIGHT WAS CANCELED THE SAME DAY. So AFTER SPENDING THE WHOLE DAY TRYING TO GET THROUGH ON THE PHONE AND I WAS TWEETING EVERY FIVE MINUTES TO @JETBLUE FOR HELP TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT OUR CANCELED FLIGHT,  Seriously I was on hold on the phone to get some one to speak with through out the day over 7 hours and I finally get through to a HEATHER, who tells me she HAS A FLIGHT FOR the 30th to fly back and I tell her OK and she goes let me check for something sooner and I go OK, And she says there is NOTHING and BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T TELL ME TO BOOK THE TICKET FOR THE 30TH IT'S NOW GONE.

She didn't bother to hold the ticket and then tells me the NEXT TICKET ISN'T UNTIL JAN. 3RD!!!!

I WENT NUTS! I have to get back home to go to WORK. I can't afford to lose my JOB, especially not for JET BLUE! She basically started blaming me for losing the flight! I have never HAD A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TELL ME THAT BECAUSE I DIDN'T SAY "I WANT THAT FLIGHT" WHILE SHE DECIDED TO CHECK FOR OTHER FLIGHTS ON HER OWN THAT I lost the flight.

I have always flown DELTA and American Airlines, and Virgin American and if they want to check to see if there is anything else to offer you THEY HOLD the FLIGHT FOR YOU THAT THEY ARE INITIALLY OFFERING YOU while they check to see if they have anything else, since THEY ARE THE ONES DECIDING TO CHECK FOR OTHER FLIGHTS! I couldn't believe it. And @JETBLUE ON twitter finally responds and I tell them what's happening and all they can say is sorry she's rude, but she can't offer you flights we don't have, AND I'M LIKE BUT SHE DID OFFER ME A FLIGHT SHE SAID SHE HAD, BUT DIDN'T BOTHER TO BOOK ME ON IT. AND THEY NEVER RESPONDED AGAIN ON TWITTER CAUSE THEY TOO DID NOT CARE!

The people running their TWITTER AND PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE  HORRIFIC, HEARTLESS, AND DID NOT CARE about me or my family or the fact that I could lose my job! HEATHER was like I'll just give you a REFUND and you can go find a flight some place else. I ASK HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET A REFUND, SHE SAYS HOLD ON AND PUTS ME ON HOLD AGAIN AND COMES BACK AND SAYS "IT WILL TAKE 7 DAYS FOR THEM TO GIVE ME A REFUND, AND THEN ANOTHER 7 DAYS FOR IT TO SHOW UP AT MY BANK.

SO 2 WEEKS IT WILL TAKE TO GET OUR MONEY BACK! GOD Forbid you were low on money and needed to find another ticket at another airline to get back home you'd be out of luck since you won't be getting your money back from JET BLUE IN SOME TIME!



THANK GOD MY POOR MOM Took pity on us and helped us pay for a flight on Delta! DELTA.COM still had flights available for the 31st and I booked it ASAP! I now DON'T HAVE A NON STOP FLIGHT, I have a flight that stops in Cincinnati and then connects to California. Delta has been great thus far. I PRAY THEY STAY GREAT AND GET US HOME SAFELY FRIDAY!

And I AGAIN I WILL NEVERRRRRRR FLY JET BLUE AGAIN! EVER! I HAVE TO GET BACK TO CALIFORNIA FRIDAY BECAUSE WE NEED TO GO BACK TO WORK! I have to work saturday and since I have already missed one day of work, I can lose my job if I don't GET BACK. It's terrible and my family can't afford me losing my job. So it will take us 8 hours instead of 5 to get home to California and that's if there are no delays. And it's on NEW YEARS EVE! So we may potentially ring in 2011 at an airport or on a plane. I pray by Friday we are not delayed. PRAY FOR US!

WE had to cancel our new years dinner with friends and have now lost money on flights and stuff we bought for the party.

I'm sorry for ranting like this, but I JUST wanted to share my experience with you so you can BEWARE of JET BLUE and to not make the mistake I did and check your WEATHER reports before you TRAVEL! And to tell you about the horrors that are actually going on in a CITY AS BIG AND PROSPEROUS AS NEW YORK CITY. This storm should have not have been handled the way it has been by the city.

The mayor literally was on TV saying oh well it's a storm and it's an emergency and a huge city and people die every day, and basically was saying OH WELL, that people were dying because ambulances can't get to the people in need because their streets weren't plowed.

I can't wait to get back to CALIFORNIA, Cause at least they actually care if the residents LIVE OR DIE!

I hope if you're in NYC at the moment, you're having a better experience than we are at the moment and are safe and healthy.

Thanks for allowing me to vent this with you and thank you for following!