My Black & Decker Ultimate Sandwich Creation! YUM!


Hey All!

I wanted to take a post to share my take on a family recipe with you. It's a healthier take on a Cuban Sandwich. I am Cuban and Puerto Rican, so I grew up making these sandwiches, but my mother had to find a healthier way to make them when I was growing up so we wouldn't all gain so much weight eating them.

Traditionally a Cuban sandwich is hearty combination of roast pork, Swiss cheese, sliced ham and pickles tucked into a soft spanish style bread roll. The Cuban sandwich is an edible icon of Cuban neighborhoods from Havana Cuba to New York where I'm from.


The version I'm going to share with you is NOT very traditional so to speak, but it's slightly healthier version and quicker to make. You simply use your handy Black & Decker convection countertop oven and a few ingredients you probably have in your fridge and your all set to make this yummy sandwich.




My recipe for the Chicken Cuban Sandwich contains chicken Sliced up thinly, 2 pickles (Vlasic dill sandwich stackers is what I use),  romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and avacado.  Salt, pepper, garlic powder, a to add more favor to the chicken.


We need to cook the chicken. Heat the convection oven to 350 degrees. 


Set it to broil. Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. 


Cook the chicken in the convection oven until fully cooked for about 20 minutes. You place it right on the wire rack so that it can get some of those grilled like lines on it. You can place a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom of your Black & Decker or which ever convection oven you have so that the aluminum will catch the juices and mess from the cooking chicken.


Once the chicken is fully cooked you let it cool for a bit then cut it into thin slices. Place the slices on a roll of sour dough bread or rolls or any other rolls you have in your fridge. Place the lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, avocado, mayo onto the chicken. 


Press the sandwiches together firmly and almost like flatten it down. Place it back inside the convection oven and turn it over once, until the roll is lightly toasted and the lines are on the bread. For about 2 minutes per side. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve hot. You can also serve it with fries like my teen likes it.


That's all you have to do. Then you serve and enjoy. Yum!


That's my Sandwich recipe folks. Enjoy!

 ***Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network & Black & Decker provided the complimentary convection over to review for participation in Ultimate Sandwich Contest. All opinions are my own.***