My Amazing Cemetery Movie Cake and Cupcakes! Halloween Recipe! - Swaggerific Halloween Feature!



Hey all!

Every year I make the most amazing cemetery cake for halloween. This cake is a great centerpiece for any Halloween party! You can either leave it in the pan like I do, or prepare a sheet cake, your choice! I decorate my cake with Halloween candies and crushed oreo cookies to make the dirt. This cake is cute, easy to make, and seriously tastes amazing. Just make it you're own and just have fun!

This is a picture of a cake I made last year.


This is the cake I made this year!


I put a twist on the cake this year and made it a horror movie cemetery cake with Jason...


And Michael Myers included.


I also included the old cars, bottles of booze, guns, knives, you know since teens are always getting killed in horror movies after boozing it up. zombie hands, candy pumpkins, tombstones made out of Milano Cookies, Marsh mellow peep ghosts, and anything else you can think of that is Halloween and movie related.

Isn't it adorable! I love my cemetery cake so much this year.

You can make your own cake or use a mix. I used the Pillsbury Funfetti Halloween Cake mix and a tub of Milk chocolate whipped frosting. This cake can be made super quick!

I also made some Halloween spooky cupcakes.


Also complete with zombie hands and Jason heads! Again all I used was the Halloween Funfetti cake mix from Pillsbury and the Pillsbury Halloween orange frosting and the chocolate whipped frosting I had left over from the cake.



So Here is everything you need. I got the cake decorations and cupcake liners at target and at the amazing online shop called The Cupcake Confessional which I feature in my Halloween guide earlier this month. I used her Horror Movie Cupcake kit and zombie hands and liquor bottles that I bought to make this cake.

So you can get your decorations from where ever and decorate your cake and cupcakes how ever you'd like.

Ingredients for the cake:
1 (18.25 oz.) box of Halloween Pillbury Funfetti cake mix or Dunkin Hines Yellow cake mix
1 1/2 to 2 C. of already prepared Milk chocolate frosting
1 pack of Oreo cookies to turn into cemetery dirt. You simple take apart the oreos one by one by hand just to get the chocolate cookie part separated. I placed my cookies in a blender for two seconds and poof chocolate dirt.

For Graveyard, any Combination of:
Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies (gravestones)
Cake Decorator's Icing (various colors and flavors)
Candy pumpkins
Green sprinkles
Spooky novelty candies (gummy worms, candy pumpkins etc.)
Halloween Ghost Marshmallow Peeps
Food-safe plastic Halloween decorations

Instructions:
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 13 x 9 inch glass cake pan (or make your own). Let cool in pan.
2. Spread frosting evenly over cake.
3. Top with Oreo crumb "dirt."
4. Decorate as desired with any combination of coconut grass, cookie gravestones, nut paths, pretzel fences, etc. I write R.I.P. (or anything else you want) on Milano cookies with decorator's frosting before inserting in cake.
5. Add Halloween party snacks for decorations, like marshmallow peep ghosts, candy pumpkins, and any other spooky candy you like.

The cupcakes you do the same except place the cake mix into Halloween themed cupcake liners in your cupcake pan then decorate how you see fit.

That's all you have to do to make these cakes and cupcakes. I hope you enjoy this recipe for this Halloween and for future Halloween parties. It's an amazing cake to make. I love it and I'm sure you will too!

Thanks for letting me share this recipe with you and Happy Halloween everyone.

Thanks again for following my blog!