Business Card Box




I just got my new business cards and I love them! Also, I'm very proud because I made the design on powerpoint. That's an impressive feat for someone like me. I knew I wanted my cards to match the beautiful shop banner that the wonderful Eiffel Girl Designs created for me. So I spent a few (hundred) hours on powerpoint figuring it all out. Did you know that Peyton drew that adorable little picture? I love that his artwork is part of my business theme.



You totally want another view of my awesome business cards, admit it:


Love them!

In the past, when I've gone to craft shows, I've thrown my business cards into a pretty little blue bowl on my craft table. Which is all fine and good, but then I saw this. And you KNOW I love this sort of thing. With "this sort of thing" meaning really, really cute and practically free.

I wanted my business card box to reflect the bright, kid-friendly colors of my shop, so I matched it to my business cards. And since I had made my business card design myself, I printed up a large version on photo paper and then cut it up to help decorate my box.

Here's what I used:
Business card box
Scrap book paper
Paper cutter (or scissors)
Mod Podge
Foam brush
Business card print out

Here's what I did:

I took the ugly box that my business cards were packaged in:


And I cut off that front flap. Because I didn't want it in the way when the box was open on my craft show table. I know it will pose a little bit of a problem when I pack it up and transport it, but I think I'll just use a rubber band to keep it shut. Let's get back to the focus of: Super Cute and Super Cheap!

I lucked out and had some scrap paper that really matched my business cards. So I cut it and used the foam brush to mod podge it to the outside of the box:


And then I cut up my large business card photo and mod podged it on, too.


And then I mod podged some matching paper inside the box:



It was so easy! And when I open it up, the lid actually stays open. And all those layers of Mod Podge make for a pretty sturdy little box. It's perfect for all the people who like to take business cards when they come to my table. Craft shows, here I come!


Happy Crafting!