The Gnomes are Coming!

Each spring our local Reiman Gardens has a new theme.

This year: Gnomes.

Okay, really it's "A Celebration of Garden Ornamentation," but Who Cares? GNOMES GNOMES GNOMES! I never thought twice about gnomes.

Until I saw this guy:


I know. So awesome. He's the world's tallest concrete gnome! 15 feet tall! New York has one that's 13 feet tall. LAME! Ha ha New York. Suck it! Iowa rules!


I'm not saying that I want a bunch of little gnomes in my own yard, but I think I'm a little bit in love with this one. He's enough to turn anyone into a gnome convert. Don't you just want to give him a big hug and have him protect you?


While we were at the Gardens, we also took some silly pictures:


And some beautiful pictures that make my heart sing:


And Peyton and Ella jumped on the chimes:



And jumped REALLY HIGH on the chimes:



And gave the levitating David Blaine a run for his money:



And balanced:


And rolled down the hill:


Peyton likes to roll all crazy and out of control and so fast it's a miracle he doesn't break something:


Ella likes to roll calmly and with great control and so slowly that she has to use her arms and legs to push her down the hill:


And they schemed about rolling into Daddy:


And they did:


We also saw some unusual garden-type things:




And we saw some pretty garden-type things:




And I know my kids had a great time because every night, at bedtime, we talk about our "Best Parts and Worst Parts" of the day. Because it's a bedtime routine my mom always used to do it with my brother and me. It's important and special and I love it.

And on this night, when I tucked Peyton and Ella into their beds, Peyton said his best part was: "When we went to the Gardens. And when I rolled down the hill." And Ella said her best part was: "When we went to THE POOP GARDENS! And when I got POOP IN MY EYEBALL! And when I went POOP ON MY BUTT!" Because she's Ella.

Happy Spring!