Kindergarten Field Trip

Peyton had his first Kindergarten Field Trip this week. I was thrilled that I was able to go with him and his class.

I don't think it would have mattered to Peyton if all we did was get on the school bus and drive around the block a few times. Seriously, he loves buses THAT MUCH.

But instead we actually went somewhere - a beautiful nature park. And we had a nature guide who led us all on a "Discovery Walk." Basically, we walked around and the kids found stuff and our guide taught them about their discoveries. It was really fun!

We traveled through prairies and woodlands:


And through fields of flowers:





We saw beautiful Monarchs:


And we found Soldier Beetles (Do you see it? it's yellow):


And baby Soldier Beetles:


And a little tiny Goldfinch nest (our state bird, and I know you are totally dazzled by my knowledge):


And an Argiope Spider (people who obviously lie told me that it's a type of garden spider and that it is completely harmless to humans. C'mon! Look at it! I know it would kill me in 2 seconds flat if given the chance):


And we found walnuts (in the husk, and I know my knowledge is now overwhelming you):


Our guide led us to this tree that had died and had to be cut down. She said it had covered that entire grassy area when it was alive:


It was covered with climbing and jumping children within milliseconds of being discovered:


See those trees? We were just in there! So neat!


After we got back to school, Peyton wanted me to stay for lunch. I won't even pretend that my heart didn't sing a little when he asked me. I love this kid so much!


Happy day!